Topics in the Fall 2011 Issue:
(Scroll down to read the issue)
Perspective From 35,000 Feet Above:
Why Steve Jobs was Important to Young Entrepreneurs
By Joshua Duboff, Founder
Introducing: “KAEO Startups”
An overview of the new feature.
KAEO Startups: Crowd Seats
Daily deals website for tickets to sporting events.
KAEO Startups: Massachusetts Soldiers Legacy Fund
Non-profit to support the education of children who lost a parent in Operations Enduring and Iraqi Freedom
Making a Marketing Paradigm Shift Within Your Athletic Department
By Adam Schemm
Cheerleading May Not Be Ready For Sport Status,
But It Is Big Business
By Daniel Scott Benjamin
The Relationship of Fantasy Football Participation
With NFL Television Ratings
By John A. Fortunato, Fordham University
A special article from the JSAS Online.
Submit your article here: TSBX Submission Form
Requirements for Article Submission:
- Must have at least two years of sport business experience and no more than ten years of experience.
- Articles may be on the topic of your choice as long as it is about sports business. A list of suggested topics are included below.
- Authors must have non-internship job experience. Graduate students are eligible to submit an article. Undergraduate students and recently graduated students without a job will not be considered for publication.
- Articles must be of original work. Plagiarism will not be tolerated. Any contributor who has plagiarized will not be allowed to submit further articles.
- All outside sources must be properly referenced. References will be displayed as footnotes in TSBX journal.
How to Submit an Article:
- While there is no official requirement for length, articles of shorter than three paragraphs will not be accepted.
- Articles must be saved as Word or PDF files.
- Articles must be submitted via the TSBX Submission Form by midnight of the article due date to guarantee full consideration in the upcoming issue.
- Submitters must include a title to their article.
- In addition to the article, writers must include a short biography of their professional experience as well as their contact email. The email address provided will be included in publication.
Suggested Article Topics:
The list below is not an all-inclusive list of possible article topics; they are just suggestions.
- Collegiate Athletics: NCAA, BCS, Conference Realignment, Amateurism
- Social Issues of Sport: BALCO, Steroids/Muscle Enhancers, Gender/Race Issues
- Professional Sports: League Issues, Individual Teams, Player Development
- Marketing & Sponsorship: Trends, Activation, Events
- Operations: Facilities, Ticket Sales and Operation, PSLs, Sales Strategy
- Agencies: Sponsorship, Consulting, Player Representation
- Technology: Web 2.0, Social Networking, Media, TV, Viral Marketing
- Other: Issues Specific to Young Sports Business Professionals, Current Events
To submit an article for consideration, fill out the TSBX Submission Form.